Rolling Pin Apron Rack!


I originally got this idea when I saw this for sale on Etsy for $88.   I loved the idea and thought it would be perfect for the deli, but it seemed a little pricey.  So after showing it to Matt we decided that we could make it ourselves for much less.  I found these two vintage rolling pins on Etsy and purchased them both for about $30 dollars and this piece of scrap wood is something we picked up last time we were in NJ.

The first step was measuring and cutting the rolling pins in half.  Matt used a table saw angled at 15 degrees to make the perfect cuts.  

Make sure that the rolling pins you're using don't have a metal rod 
on the inside or else this step may not be so easy! 

Our board was a little long because I'm thinking about hanging it on the back of a door.  
Once Matt trimmed it up we nailed two hangers on the back. 
 
After a lot of careful measuring Matt (with Huck as his helper) drilled the holes into the wood.  


The hardest part (which I was to intrigued with watching that I forget to take pictures of!) was figuring out how to attach the rolling pins.  
Matt and his dad drew out a grid on the back of the wood so they knew where the pin would be centered.  Then Matt held the pin in place on the back of the wood while his dad drilled through the front leaving a hole in the pin.  

Once all of the pins had centered holes we flipped the board over and lined these holes with the holes on the board and screwed them together.

I don't think we'll get the actual effect of the finished product until we see it up in the deli. 
For now I just hung it up in the basement to show you and get an idea. 




So what do you think???
 Please comment below and don't forget to follow my blog through Google or Linky!
Have a great day!
I'm sharing this project at these great blogs!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment