Re-Vamped Lamps!


Lately every time I look at the lamps around my house I find myself thinking "Borrrrring!" Which leads me to question what made me buy them in the first place. Then I remember - THEY WERE CHEAP! I probably paid less then $30 for all three of them.  Well just because they were cheap doesn't mean they have to look cheap! So I decided that it was time to do something about this - 

The answer.... Spray Paint!


Once Huck was done trying to figure out what the lamps were doing on the front 
lawn by sniffing them, I started to spray paint.  

I chose white paint for the pair of lamps from my bedroom and a teal blue color for the family room.  All of the lamps took about 6 coats of paint until they were finally looking good.







 I found this new white lamp shade at Home Goods for $12.99. 










After going to 5 different stores I couldn't find any place that had two lamp shades that would work with this pair! 

 But instead of giving into defeat I tried the original shade and the old shade from the lamp above.  I loved the lighter brown shade and luckily I had two of them because the lamp above came with a matching floor lamp!




The shade on the right came from the floor lamp so it's a little bigger then the other one.  I don't mind the difference but I might keep my eyes peeled for a different set next time I'm shopping around. 




I'm so happy with my re-vamped lamps!  
Now I might have to tackle the neglected floor lamp in the corner! 

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on linky or google! 

Have a great day =)

I'll be linking this project to these parties!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment